Periodontics - Activity
Oral Hygiene Day
Department of Periodontics, Bapuji Dental College & Hospital, Davangere celebrated oral hygiene day on 1st August 2012, in a unique manner to bring awareness and emphasize the importance of prevention of oral diseases.
Celebration of the event was publicized by doing:
- Dr. Triveni M.G wrote an article on “Oral Health” in Kannada which was published in the local newspaper Janathavani on 1st August 2012.
- The Principal, the Head of the Department, the staff members and the Postgraduate students of Department of Periodontics had visited the Oldage Home- Hiriyavanitheyara Anandadhama, Davangere and the students of training school for deaf and dumb were also invited for the event. The inauguration of the event was done by the Principal Dr. K. Sadashivashetty and Head of the department of Periodontics, Dr. D.S. Mehta.
- A guest lecture was given by Dr. Gayathri G.V., in which the importance of oral hygiene maintenance was highlighted. Complete oral examination of the participants was done and case history forms were filled by the postgraduate students for further periodontal management. Oral hygiene instructions including the brushing technique were explained to the participants by the dental hygienist Mr. Annoji Rao. For deaf and dumb students the message was translated by their teacher speech therapist. The oral hygiene aids (tooth pastes and mouthwashes) were distributed amongst the participants.
- From 1st August to 10th August a special programme was conducted in the Department of Periodontics, the publics of Davangere city were invited so as to educate and motivate for oral hygiene maintenance. Table demonstration was arranged with oral care devices.
- The poster demonstration was given to the public regarding the cyclic changes in the gums, and the role of periodontal disease in systemic health. This is followed with free treatment to all the patients. All the staff members and postgraduate students of Department of Periodontics actively participated in the programme.
- In the year 2015 department of Periodontics Bapuji Dental College and Hospital celebrated oral hygiene week from 1st August to 7th August.
- In which all the public of Davangere city were invited, so as to educate and motivate for oral hygiene maintenance.
- Table demonstration along with free diagnosis and treatment were arranged for the patients.
- In the year 2016 dept. of Periodontics bapuji dental college and hospital celebrated oral hygiene week by organizing a blood donation camp on 1st of August.
- Many volunteers had participated and donated blood. Among them few were our own professors and few were post graduate students.
- Total 28 units of blood were collected.